A huge thank you to Jessi O. from Boards and Crafts Blog for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! The Sunshine Blogger Award recognizes fellow bloggers that are positive and inspirational, so I’m very honored that you thought of me for this nomination!
This post is long overdue, so I’ll go ahead and list out the rules:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog. Jessi O. writes about board games and crafts, specifically creating geeky crafts, casual cosplays based on board games, and highlighting board game Kickstarter campaigns!
– Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
– Nominate 10 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What tabletop game would you like to see be turned into a movie?
I don’t play tabletop games nearly as much as I should, but my sister and I recently played a game called Elder Sign, and I think the idea of fighting your way through a museum before you run out of time and the big, bad, evil thing arrives would make for a really fun movie.
2. What is your favorite style of storytelling? (Ex. Movies, books, tv series, board game, etc, etc.)
Might be a bit biased, given the subject of this blog, but my current favorite storytelling medium are video games. It’s such a unique medium, with a nearly endless number of ways in which to create a story. I am especially interested in games that utilize gameplay mechanics to tell their story.
3. Who is your favorite artist? (Bonus points if they’ve worked on a board game!)
It’s really hard to choose one artist because I love following so many fanartists, but if I’m choosing one video game-centric artist, Jen Zee has to be my favorite. She’s the Art Director for Supergiant Games (Pyre, Transistor, Bastion), and I’m always in awe of her work. (Seriously, I want that real life Red concert poster from Transistor.)
4. What is your dream cosplay to see/do inspired by a tabletop game?
Is it cheating to use a video game here? I’d love to one day create Queen Elincia from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. To this day, that game has some of my favorite armor/character designs and hers is one of my favorites.
5. What is your favorite thing to do to help you have positive vibes?
I love watching Let’s Players that make me laugh a lot and express an infectiously positive energy. Some of my current favorites include Dexbonus/PressHearttoContinue, Jesse Cox, and SuperButterBuns. Each of them have a different style/sense of humor, but it makes all of their content very entertaining (even if I have no interest in the game, personally).
6. What is your favorite class and race combo? (Ex. An Elven Ranger)
Call me cliche, but I looove playing as an elf whenever I get the opportunity. My weapon of choice is usually dependent on my mood, but I really like being able to use magic, so I suppose Elven Mage!
7. What game is your current favorite?
I am really, really enjoying Monster Prom right now! It’s fun to play with people or even alone and I love seeing all the different ways you can play it!
8. What tabletop game has influenced you creatively?
So I’ve been preparing to play my first game of Dungeons & Dragons and just creating my own character is bringing out the fiction writer in me again. Creating a backstory has been a lot of fun, and I’m excited to finally play my character!
9. If you could only play one tabletop game for the rest of the year, which would it be?
Probably Dungeons & Dragons: roleplaying game where I get to make my own character and go on storytelling adventures with friends? Sign me up!
10. Who is your favorite character that inspires you?
Another one that is hard to pick one, but I really admire Josephine Montilyet from Dragon Age: Inquisition. As the Inquisition’s Ambassador, she is constantly able to negotiate and communicate with fellow leaders with a grace, a wit, and a composure that I aim to achieve.
For my nominations, since this post is so late, I nominate anyone at Geek Blogs Unite who hasn’t done this post yet! Here are your questions:
- What was the first video game you fell in love with? Why?
- Are there any video game series that you’d love to see a new installment for?
- Which video game brightens your day?
- What is your favorite part about blogging (i.e. finding new content to write about, the writing part, etc.)?
- What made you decide to start/commit to blogging?
- How has your blog changed since you first started it?
- If you could create a video game (or tabletop game!), what type of game would it be and what would it be about?
- Is there an artistic skill you want to learn/develop? What is it?
- What’s an obscure dream cosplay you’d like to make, even if no one recognized it?
- What is your favorite cosplay you’ve seen/done to date?
Thank you again to Jessie O. for the nomination! I’ll be back in a couple weeks with a game review!